When helping my clients to make significant and permanent changes in their lives we’ll often uncover the fact that they’re holding onto lots of anxiety.
In this video I talk more about what anxiety is, where it comes from, why we have it (and it’s NOT for the reasons you might expect) and how we can all, quickly and easily, let anxiety out of our lives.
Watch the video now and then check out the notes below.
What are the symptoms to look out for?
Anxiety can underpin very many issues and often referred to by my stop smoking clients.
But because we’ve often become accustomed to whatever feelings we’re feeling we’re not always able to recognise anxiety for what it is – rather a case of not seeing the wood for the trees.
That’s why I’ve listed below some of the more frequently acknowledged physical symptoms that can be triggered by feeling anxious or anxiety.
I would say, however, that we’re all somewhat different in how we react to situations so what feels like anxiety for you may not be anxiety for someone else – so it’s always absolutely ok to seek out a second opinion if you wish – you can contact me if you wish too.
Some symptoms of anxiety
- Increased heart rate
- Increased muscle tension
- Choking sensations
- Tingling in the extremities (fingers and toes)
- Bruxism (teeth grinding, often reported by your dentist or noticing jaw-ache when you wake-up in the morning)
- Feeling sick ‘butterflies in the stomach’
- Difficulty in breathing – as if you’re either not taking enough air in, or it’s very dry air, or as if your throat’s constricted
- Tightness across the chest
- Tension headaches
- Wanting to use the toilet more often – and either needing to, or simply feeling like you want to
- Hot flushes
- Dry mouth
- Increased sweating – often feeling that ‘everyone’ can see you’re perspiring more than expected
- Shaking – perhaps being unable to hold a pen or hand control in a presentation – or feeling like your body is moving out of your control
Anxiety isn’t a life-sentence
Many of my clients say that being able to finally let go of anxiety was of greater benefit than the issue they’d actually contact me for in the first place.
You feelings don’t have to rule your life, unless they’re good, positive and enjoyable ones, that is!
So that’s why I’d like to suggest that if issues such as this are troubling you, why not book a free Strategy Call where we can explore what’s going on in your life and outline a plan to make the changes that would help you the most.